So I decided to go there on my own. But when I shared my plan with my friend Leah, she offered to go there with me. I'm finally going to Baguio! Yahoo!!!
Since we planned to go on a Valentine weekend (Feb 13-14), we couldn't find an available, decent but affordable hotel accommodation thru the internet 'cause they were all fully-booked! Huwat?! To free ourselves from pressure and stress, we decided to just look for one when we get there.
In Baguio, we were approached by a man who offered several accommodation. We agreed to go with him to visit possible places to stay in. We didn't like the ones he offered us so we decided to look for one on our own. We just paid him for the ride and the help he extended to us.
We were very optimistic that we'll find a decent hotel to stay in.
Luckily, we found this hotel with a room vacancy. God is good!
After settling in, we went out to explore Baguio!!!Excited! It's really COLD in Baguio! sarap!
We tried strawberry picking at the strawberry farm
Went to Mine's view park where we saw Douglas the super cute dog. Just pay P25 for three shots...
I'm not really scared of heights :)
We also went to the botanical garden where we didn't see much. The Igorots have to be paid when they join you for a photo-op. We weren't really interested but they insisted, hehe! what's a few peso when you can help them right? I feel sad for them 'cause they should be staying home at their age :(
Tried the strawberry taho. It was good:)
Ate at this wonderful vegetarian restaurant called "My Gulay" along Session Road
Prayed at the convent
Watched the parade
Stopped by at SM Baguio to buy stuff
And went biking. Haven't done this for a long time! I enjoyed every minute of it. We bought green mangoes, binatog, isaw and dugo while biking. Sarap!
Feeling exhausted and cold, we went back to the hotel to take a nap. We had dinner, then went off to a bar to try their night life. I ordered margarita while Leah ordered cosmopolitan. We also had two shots each of tequila while we listened to the band playing :)
We were dead tired when we came back to the hotel. And I had migraine the next day :( I couldn't make myself go up the grotto because I was really not feeling well. I just waited for Leah while she bravely went up the stairs to the grotto (and I'm talking about 100 steps ha! aw!)
This is how I looked when she came back from the grotto. This was a stolen shot kakahiya hehe!
Since it's our last day, we had to buy pasalubong. Good thing I have sobered up when we reached the market. Thanks to Plasil! We bought strawberries, veggies etc.
Then we went back to the hotel to get our stuff. I hate to say goodbye to Baguio ;(
In summary, we left Manila to avoid the Valentine's Day fever, and we had fun while doing it :-) Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment