My trip to Puerto Galera was not thoroughly planned because me and my friend, Bel originally planned to go abroad for a brief vacation. It didn't push through so instead, we decided to go to Puerto Galera since we both haven't been there anyway.
The 1-hour boat trip from the Batangas port to Puerto wasn't bad coz we spent the time chatting and watching the waves. When we got there, I got kind of disappointed coz the place was not what I was expecting to see. The distance between the shore and the commercial area like restos etc was small. I kind of would have liked a wider space where you could sunbathe and just hang around without feeling claustrophobic.
Good thing we found a nice place to stay with a fairly reasonable price. We rested for a while and started to go around the place. We had our super late lunch and had a few (daw!) drinks and chatted all night! The following day, we went island hopping and snorkeling in the coral garden where we had a really nice time.
I must say that every place in the Philippines has its own beauty. Of course you can't compare Boracay with Puerto Galera because they are really not the same (but I did anyway, hehe!). I also noticed that Puerto has one of the best diving spots in the Philippines that's why a lot of foreigners visit the place. The truth is, the place was dominated by foreigners themselves.
I feel happy that I was able to visit the place and consider it as my first back-pack adventure for the year 2009.

My second back-pack adventure would be on April in Boracay. Unless I get invited for another back-pack adventure this Feb or March! Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment